Cute Pumpkin Cupcake Recipe
I love making holiday cupcakes for my class parties, and I think these pumpkin cupcakes are so much fun. What I love most about them is that they're super easy to make and always turn out really cute.
Making the Cupcakes in the Classroom
You can make these ahead of time, or make them with students. They love frosting them and adding the sprinkles and stem. This recipe works great at an adult supervised center, or can be made during a fall or Halloween class party. They also make a fun treat at the end of a pumpkin life cycle unit. Just bake the cupcakes ahead of time and bring the rest of the ingredients and let students have fun with it. Whether you decide to make these ahead of time or together with your class, everyone will love eating them.
Pumpkin Cupcake Recipe
As you can tell from the picture, this recipe is super easy to make and the photo pretty much tells it all. In addition to a box of cupcake batter you'll just need a few more items. Even for beginner bakers, the overall process is fairy simple and doesn't require much experience.
a box of chocolate cupcake batter
yellow and red food coloring
green licorice (optional)
1. Make the cupcakes according to the instructions on the box.
2. Color the frosting orange using a few drops of red and yellow food coloring.
3. Frost the cupcakes with the orange frosting.
4. Squirt four lines for pumpkin “ribs” on the cupcake using the frosting.
5. Cover the frosting in orange sprinkles.
6. Press a short piece of green licorice (or any green candy) in the center for the stem.