I love making holiday cupcakes for my class, and these cute owl cupcakes are perfect for back to school. What I love most about them is that they're super easy to make and always turn out really cute.
Making the Cupcakes in the Classroom
You can make these ahead of time, or make them with students in class. They love frosting them and adding the eyes and beak. This recipe works great at an adult supervised center, or can be made as a large group during a harvest party in the fall. Just bake the cupcakes ahead of time and bring the rest of the ingredients and let students have fun with it. Whether you decide to make them ahead of time, or with students in class, everyone will enjoy eating them up.
Owl Cupcake Recipe
As you can tell from the picture, this recipe is super easy to make and the photo pretty much tells it all. In addition to a box of cupcake batter you'll just need a few more items. Even for beginner bakers, the overall process is fairy simple and doesn't require much experience.
a box of cupcake batter
brown or black cupcake wrappers
thin bars of chocolate
yellow jellybeans or small candies
candy eyes (optional)
1. Make the cupcakes according to the instructions on the box.
2. Frost the cupcakes with chocolate frosting.
3. Press two candy eyes near the center, or you can use white frosting or candies.
4. Press a yellow jellybean or other small candy below the eyes for the beak.
5. Cut and add two triangles from a thin chocolate bar for the ears.
Nicole and Eliceo